Thursday 8 September 2016

7th Sept - Apo33Studio, Nantes, France

The human body does a wonderful job healing itself. That being said my right arm fucking hurts today, apart from the welts and bruises, my right wrist aches so much, it hurts when i wipe my arse, my wrist not my arse. Usually i have weeks for my arms to heal after a show but when you perform most days you do not have this luxury. The injuries often come from knocking your arms against the sides of the box, something that could be avoided by wearing protective arm guards i reckon, so i think that's the solution so i can continue doing shows and not screw up my arms to bad.

Tonight were are in Nantes at Apo33Studio, an arts centre/arts space/cinema. We arrive late and set up immediately. There’s some good objects laying around the courtyard; ladders, old film spools, general junk, art materials and random bottles (there acid, the organisers warns me). I decide to not use the acid and use two boxes of packing materials i find near the bins instead; polystyrene, empty cardboard boxes and loads of that inflated plastic padding stuff. I begin in the centre of the space rummaging through the plastic padding which sounds like the sea, moving onto the hollow sounding cardboard and polystyrene and then onto to the assorted objects I've been using for the previous shows. A good show all in all, but more bruises and cuts. Gonna get myself to the sports store decathlon tomorrow and get myself some protection





No comments:

Post a Comment