Monday 5 September 2016

4th Sept - Au Saveurs du Monde, Paris, France

After a decent sleep and a relaxed journey on the eurostar, i was In Paris. The venue this time was the function room in an African restaurant.  After i met the other acts of evening i tried to order some food, the waiter was most friendly but my french is awful so he tried to translate the menu. I chose what he translated as 'Chicken entrusted with the heart' but ended up being served fish curry! .. On hunt for some new rummage bits, I did a loop round the block and stumbled across some great new additions; a toy drum, various stationary,  parts from a broken hat stand, a broken mug and a stop road sign. I sound checked but this time i had control of the mixer which was so good, i got the sound exactly as i wanted it. Shrill and Loud. The set ended up being the shortest i'd ever done, 3.22, as the box broke into pieces catapulting the objects over the floor. That being said it felt like a good ten minutes to me as i harnessed the raw energy of my vacant rummaging partner Robin Foster and went ape.

No comments:

Post a Comment